With some routers, all wired and wireless traffic, including Voice over IP (VoIP), Video Streaming, Online Gaming, and Web browsing are mixed together into a single data stream. By handling data this way, applications like Streaming Video could pause or delay. With the D-Link Intelligent QoS Prioritization Technology, wired and wireless traffic are analysed and separated into multiple data streams. These streams are then categorized by sensitivity to delay, so applications like VoIP, Video Streaming, and Online Gaming can be given top priority. This enables multiple applications to stream smoothly to your TV or PC. This router carries both the silver and gold IPv6 Ready logos, signifying that it not only supports the IPv6 protocol, but is also compatible with IPv6 equipment from other manufacturers. It allows you to move to a 128-bit addressing system and directly connect to anybody in the world using your unique IP address. Using a dual-stack architecture, this router can handle routing for both IPv4 and IPv6 networks at the same time, so you can be assured that your equipment is forward and backward compatible.
- Automatically Powers Down Ports That Have No Link
- Budgets Power Output for Different Ethernet Cable Lengths
- Includes wireless LAN scheduling, which can shut down your wireless network when not in use for further power savings
- Reduces energy consumption by using an Energy Star qualified power adaptor
- Complies with the European Unions RoHS directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials
- Uses recyclable packaging to help reduce waste that goes into the environment
- D-Link Green devices are about providing eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance