Because the SAT3510BUEGB drive enclosure can be connected to a host computer through either eSATA or USB, you can rely on efficient data transfer speeds (up to 3Gbps for eSATA, 480Mbps for USB 2.0) and quick connectivity. The enclosure is constructed to provide a durable housing for inserted drives to prevent physical damage to the drives while in transit, and features lockable front door access for added data security. To ensure a cool operating environment, the SATA HDD enclosure provides a built-in 40mm fan that re-distributes the heat build-up generated as a result of typical hard drive operation - which is especially important for large volume storage (750GB, 1TB hard drives), and faster spinning drives (i.e. 7200 RPM), as it can help optimize drive operability and in turn preserve stored data integrity.
- Built-in 40mm fan to provide efficient cooling of hard drive
- Durable combination of metal and hard ABS material for enclosure housing to minimize damage to the hard drive while in transit, and add additional cooling properties to hard drive
- Enclosure comes with built-in stand for stable vertical design for optimal removal and insertion of hard drive
- Handy rear power ON/OFF button
- Highly visible front LED lights for power and hard drive activity
- Plug and Play support