The Cisco Physical Access Gateway is an integral component of the Cisco Physical Access Control solution, and is the primary module used to connect door hardware (readers, locks, etc.) to the IP network. The gateway can connect to a maximum of two doors and associated inputs and outputs.
- Up to two doors can be managed by the Cisco Physical Access Gateway
- Up to 15 additional modules can be connected to and managed by the Cisco Physical Access Gateway
- External devices such as readers or locks can be powered by the Cisco Physical Access Gateway
- 250,000 credentials can be cached and encrypted
- 150,000 events can be buffered by the door
- All communication is 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encrypted