With available SATA or EIDE interfaces, WD Blue drives offer high-performance, low power consumption, and cool operation, perfect for notebooks and other portable devices. Pick the drive that suits your needs with the confidence in knowing that all WD Blue drives are built to the highest standards of quality and reliability.
- Massive capacity – A slight increase in overall drive height has driven storage capacity for 2.5-inch form factor drives upwards to a realm once thought to be impossible—1 TB for mobile storage.* Whether they are in an external drive or a notebook compute
- Quiet - In a notebook drive, silence is golden. WD’s exclusive WhisperDrive combines state-of-the-art seeking algorithms to yield one of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market. These algorithms also optimize the way a drive seeks for data, which
- Reliable and rugged - WD's ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks. WD's SecurePark parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording
- Fast and efficient – Ultra-fast 3 Gb/s SATA interface speed yields performance fit for demanding mobile applications
- Tested for Compatibility - We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems