The Intel RAID Controller RS2BL040, a member of Intel’s 6Gb/s SAS adapter family, is targeted at solutions with expander backplanes or low drive counts. Features including LSI’s SAS2108 6Gb/s RAID on Chip (ROC) silicon and a native PCI Express 2.0 architecture allow for significant performance gains for both 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s drive-based solutions versus prior generation RAID adapters. Data protection and availability are enhanced by new features including Decision Feedback Equalization for greater signal integrity, enhanced diagnostics, and more robust error reporting.
- Embedded 512 MB 800 MHz cache (ECC DDR2 memory) to efficiently store data in transition
- Speaker to deliver audible alerts
- One SFF8087 SAS/SATA connector for up to eight internal ports
- x8 PCI Express Generation 2 interface for fast communication with the server board
- LSI SAS2108 ROC controller providing SAS 2.0 compliance including 6Gb/s data transfer
- One cable with SFF8087 connectors that expand to four individual connectors