Sony raised S/N ratio further to optimize performance for high-density recording using MR heads. Output is boosted and a variety of noise reduced by employing the latest weather-resistant ultra-fine magnetic material with high packing density on a newly designed base film surface featuring improved smoothness. Reduced tape thickness is one of the keys to attaining higher storage capacity in the LTO3 cartridge. To assure tape travel stability and optimum winding with this thinner tape, Sony reassessed the back surface design and adopted a suitable lubricant. The dedicated servo writer that Sony developed for the LTO format provides a high-quality magnetic servo signal, which complements the enhanced performance of the tape itself. The result is significantly improved data writing and reading accuracy.
- Performance breakthrough: 800GB compressed capacity with 160MB/s transfer speed
- High-performance data cartridge
- High-density recording with low error rate
- Back surface design and new lubricant
- Reduced critical tracking errors
- The LTO3 cartridge incorporates a robust non-contact 4KB IC memory