For commercial, banking and financial institutions wishing to link remote networks together, or for remote VPN connections, Allied Telesis MAC and PAC cards offer new levels of security unmatched in any other router or Layer 3 switch-based security system. Using an Allied Telesis ARseries router or Rapier Layer 3 switch fitted with an encryption/compression card, classified information from security sensitive applications can be fully encrypted using the latest cryptographic techniques before transmission across the LAN or WAN, ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of the data. MAC and PAC cards can be fitted directly into AR-series routers and Rapier Layer 3 switches to provide integrated, high performance, hardware-based compression and DES/3DES encryption on all validated PPP and Frame Relay links. Dedicated 32-bit encryption and compression processors offer high speed, secure encryption and compression without affecting the overall performance of the router or Layer 3 switch. In combination, an extra level of security is added - encrypted data is even harder to crack if it is first randomized by the compression process. In short, Allied Telesis's MAC and PAC-based encryption provides the safest data transmission between networks at the lowest connection cost.
- High Speed DES & 3DES VPN Encryption
- Network data security through advanced cryptography
- 8K MAC address table entries
- Lempel-Ziv data compression hardware
- Multi-channel encryption over Ethernet, ISDN, G.703, Frame Relay, X.25, leased lines & PSTN
- Provision of IPSec
- Encryption for internetworks using TCP/IP, IPX,Appletalk, DECnet (IV) or any bridged protocol