Professional external mobile hard drive with unique data security system. Controlled access using RFID technology for data security. You hear about it almost every day – somebody somewhere loses his external hard drive or USB stick, and all kinds of confidential information (government information, credit card details etc.) is out there, for everybody to see. If these drives fall into the wrong hands, it could have a potentially disastrous effect for a lot of people. Freecom recognizes the need for a secure external hard drive. The Freecom Mobile Drive Secure is a new concept of data protection. Your drive is not protected with a password, but with an encrypted security keycard in the format of a credit card. Only by presenting this keycard to the drive will you get access to the drive, and thereby to your data. Without the keycard there is no way the data can be read by unauthorized persons. Connection is easy – thanks to the USB 2.0 port you can connect the Mobile Drive Secure to any modern computer. The Freecom Mobile Drive Secure is pre-formatted (FAT-32), ready for use on both Windows and Mac computers. At Freecom we create storage solutions from a consumer’s perspective, where convenience and quality are key factors.
- Mobile, secure storage solution for professional and home use
- Includes 2 security keycards (1 user keycard, 1 master keycard) in credit card format which will lock and unlock the drive for use
- Controlled access using RFID technology (Radio Frequency Identification) for data security. The 2 included security keycards are AES encrypted
- USB 2.0 interface – connects to any modern computer
- Turbo USB 2.0 driver (for Windows) – for even faster data transfer speed
- Reliable and fast data transfer
- High quality enclosure
- USB bus powered, no bulky power adaptor needed
- No cooling fan, no noise!