For copper-wired Ethernet networks that need premium switching performance without the complexity and high price, the 3Com Switch 4200 50-Port is an innovative, yet eminently practical solution. This 50-port Ethernet switch combines wirespeed Layer 2 switching with easy installation and exceptional reliability. Forty-eight autosensing 10/100 copper ports provide flexible desktop and workgroup attachments, while two autosensing 10/100/1000 copper uplink ports enable Gigabit Ethernet backbone and server connections. Resiliency features such as Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol and link aggregation (for the 10/100/1000 ports) help ensure uptime. Built-in Gigabit ports can be used as uplinks or for stacking with a mix of other Switch 4200 28-, 26-, or 50-port units.
- Wirespeed, non-blocking performance
- Fixed-configuration design means the switch will operate right out of the box
- Switch can configure its own IP settings for management through SNMP, web, or CLI
- Forwarding rates up to 10.1 million packets per second
- Two built-in 10/100/1000 ports support high-speed connections as uplinks or for stacking
- Integrated stack management, for single IP management of up to four units
- IEEE 802.1x Network Login security, RADIUS Authentication and Radius Authenticated Device Access (RADA)