Travelstar 5K160, Hitachi's first hard drive to use perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR), delivers superior technology and reliability. With capacities up to 160GB, industry-leading performance, low-power consumption and excellent shock resistance, Travelstar 5K160 has the key attributes to support the stringent demands of portable computing. Improved electronics design further reduces the power consumption of this 5400 RPM drive, which beats its industry-leading predecessor by 10%; the 5K160 also runs cooler than the competition. Hitachi has also implemented Thermal Fly-height Control (TFC) for improved error rates, and iridium-manganese-chromium (IrMnCr) read heads for improved reliability. Hitachi has done extensive testing to verify Travelstar 5K160's best-in-class standing, making it the 'Super-pendicular Drive.'
- Capacity: Up to 160GB of storage
- Performance: 540 Mb/sec media transfer rate
- Reliability: 325G operating shock, 1000G non-operating shock, Advanced PMR head and media technology, IrMnCr read head Better performance & reliability in harsh conditions, Thermal Fly-height Control (TFC)
- Power: 0.60W low power idle, Enhanced Adaptive Battery Life, Extender (ABLE) longer battery
- Interface: PATA-7, SATA NCQ, Hot Plug, Staggered Spin-up, Link Power Management and Asynchronous Notification