The range of Cisco 10GBASE XENPAK modules offers customers a wide variety of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, enterprise wiring closet, and service provider transport applications. The Cisco 10GBASE-ER Module supports a link length of up to 40 km on SMF (G.652).
- Supports 10GBASE Ethernet
- Hot-swappable input/output device plugs into an Ethernet XENPAK port of a Cisco switch or router to link the port with the network
- Provides flexibility of interface choice
- Supports pay-as-you-populate model
- Supports the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature that enables a Cisco switch or router to identify whether the module is a Cisco certified and tested XENPAK module