The Expresscard is backward compatible with SATA 2.0 devices, providing the versatility to use older storage, and features port multiplier capability with command-based and FIS-based switching for connecting multiple external hard drives to a laptop through a single external SATA connection.
- Supports SATA Rev 3.0 transfer speeds up to 6.0Gbps and backwards compatible with SATA I/II at 1.5/3.0Gbps
- Port Multiplier FIS-based and Command-based switching supported
- Compliant with ExpressCard 2.0 standards
- Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ) and ATA/ ATAPI commands
- Can be used with 34mm and 54mm ExpressCard slots
- Includes a bracket for adapting the 34mm card to fit into a 54mm card slot
- Plug and Play support