The Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971 is an advanced collaborative media endpoint that provides voice, video, applications, and accessories. Highlights include interactive multiparty video, high-resolution colour touchscreen display, High-definition voice (HD voice), desktop Wi-Fi connectivity, Gigabit Ethernet and a new ergonomic design and user interface designed for simplicity and high usability. Accessories, sold separately, include the Cisco Unified Video Camera and the Cisco Unified IP Color Key Expansion Module.
- Newly developed ergonomic design and user experience designed specifically for use with the high-resolution, VGA, graphical, backlit, anti-glare, colour touchscreen display
- H.264 video support for two-way standard-definition calling with USB support for the Cisco Unified Video Camera (Note: Multiparty video communications supported with Multipoint Control Unit)
- Choice of 802.11 a/b/g desktop Wi-Fi connectivity or Gigabit Ethernet network connectivity and switch port available for a downstream PC
- Embedded Bluetooth radio and 2 USB ports for added freedom and convenience, with support for both wireless and wired headsets
- Firmware support for XML and MIDl enabled applications