The Omni reads up to 3 tracks of information with a single swipe in either direction. In combination, the same Omni unit can read both bar code and MagStripe media. It scans bar codes printed on paper, card stock, or plastic. An infrared option is available for security-based applications, where bar codes are over-printed to prevent duplication. The data outputs are TTL, RS232, keyboard wedge, USB/KB, USB/RS232, and Wiegand interfaces. The Omni's output can be formatted with terminating characters, special preamble and/or postamble character strings, and special parsing to match the data format expected by the terminal. These settings are programmed into the reader and stored in non-volatile memory. The Omni reader is designed for demanding applications, such as for access control or in self-service kiosks. Its die-cast metal base, stainless steel wearplate, and impact-resistant housing make it ideal for stand-alone, high-volume applications. Its metal base can be securely mounted with screws, and cable exits are available at the side, end, or bottom of the unit. Weatherproof, sealed, or extended temperature versions are available for use in harsh environments.
- Reads both magnetic stripe and barcode media
- Reliable for over 1,000,000 card swipes
- Superior reading of high jitter, scratched, and worn MagStripe cards
- Metal base can be securely mounted with cable exits from side, end, or bottom
- Weatherproof, sealed or extended temperature versions are available
- Dual sided MagStripe head versions option
- Red or infrared bar code reader option