The SSD and the HDD then co-exist to drive optimal performance in the upgraded desktop For notebooks, SSDNow drives are a perfect replacement for hard drives resulting in faster, more reliable performance. Making this change will improve a notebook's efficiency in a wide range of tasks, from booting up to running the most robust operating system and demanding applications. SSDNow uses a standard SATA interface but, unlike a regular HDD, SSD is very rugged and built with no moving parts, making it ideal for power users and road warriors who push the limits of their notebooks. Other benefits include reduced power usage, less noise and less heat generation.
- Fast – up to 100MB/sec. read; 80MB/sec. write
- Performance – enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
- Innovative – 2.5 inch form factor; uses NAND flash memory components
- Silent – Runs silent and cool with no moving mechanical parts
- Reliable – less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
- Shock Resistant – No moving mechanical parts so the SSD handles rougher conditions
- Supports S.M.A.R.T. – Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology tells the user when a drive is about to fail