Six-Core AMD Opteron processor-based servers deliver performance efficiency to handle real world workloads-with superior value and energy efficiency at every price point. Unlike competitive products focused on raw performance, AMD technology-based servers deliver one platform to support the top-line demands of your business with a total cost advantage you can take right to the bottom-line.
- Six Cores per socket offers improved performance and performance/watt (compared to prior generations) for multithreaded environments like virtualization, database, and web serving
- HyperTransport Technology Assist (HT Assist) reduces cache probe traffic between processors, which can result in faster queries in 4 and 8-way servers that can increase performance for cache sensitive applications such as database, virtualization, and com
- HyperTransport 3.0 Technology (HT3) increases interconnect rate from 2GT/s with HT1 up to a maximum 4.8GT/s with HT3, helping improve overall system balance and scalability for scale out computing environments like HPC, database, and web serving
- AMD-P suite of power management features are built into AMD Opteron processors, including AMD PowerNow! Technology, AMD CoolCore Technology, and Dual Dynamic Power Management - innovations that help reduce energy use and cost, making AMD Opteron processor
- AMD-Vi supports I/O level virtualization which provides direct control of devices by a Virtual Machine (VM) (requires SR5690/SR5670 chipsets). This improved performance through direct assignment of devices to a guest OS and improves isolation to help imp