The Eaton Pulsar STS is an affordable solution for customers who want to add power redundancy to small networking equipment like switches and routers. This source transfer switch powers them from two different sources (typically the main power and a UPS, or 2 UPSs). Should one power source fail the alternate source switches over, with no interruption to the connected equipment. Depending upon your backup power needs, Eaton offers two STS solutions. The STS 16 can be used as an automatic bypass for UPS <2,660 VA. The STS 16 can be connected up to 6 devices, including 1 IEC C19. The STS 16 has a power rating of 2,660 VA and output voltage of 208V/230V.
- Provides power redundancy to high voltage IT equipment
- Alternative to expensive redundant power supplies from IT vendors
- Compact, 1U rack form factor
- Seamlessly switches from one power source to the other
- Can be used as an automatic By-Pass for any high voltage UPS <1,500 VA