The Intel PRO/Wireless Network Connection is an embedded 802.11a/b/g MiniPCI Adaptor operating in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz spectrum. This solution is based on the MiniPCI Type 3B form factor designed to meet the space and size requirements for thin and lightweight notebook computer systems.
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g standard tri-mode Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Wireless LAN support (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- Up to 54 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (Note: 802.11b up to 11 Mbps and 802.11a/g up to 54 Mbps throughput)
- Industry-standard Wireless LAN security support is available (802.1X, 802.11i, WEP, WPA, WPA2, Hardware AES)
- Cisco Compatible Extensions (including LEAP, CKIP, EAP-FAST) support available
- Support for antenna diversity enables optimized WLAN performance for multiantenna systems
- Intel Wireless Coexistence System Phase 2 capability enables Bluetooth co-existence including Bluetooth Priority Signaling
- Support for Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM)