Driving a VGA signal over Cat5E helps you take advantage of your UTP cable infrastructure already there for a cost-effective and reliable installation. The TruLink VGA over Cat5 solution is ideal for applications when you need to place your computer in remote location. This is common in digital signage applications for retail stores, houses of worship, classrooms, and boardrooms where you need video presentation in one room, but want the computer to be out of sight and in a safe and secure environment. With the TruLink VGA + 3.5mm audio over Cat5 extender, you can place your display across the room, on another floor, or in another building while your computer remains in a convenient location. Please Note: Cat6 cables can be used but are not recommended due to skewing of signal pairs. Also, VGA signal gain and equalization length can be adjusted as necessary. Not sure what resolution you need?
- Cables To Go TruLink 1-Port VGA + 3.5mm Audio Over Cat5 Extender - Base Unit
- Extend your VGA and audio signals up to 300 metres over Cat5E
- Power Supply: DC 12V/600mA
- System Requirements: Base Unit (included), Remote Unit - Part #89010 (sold separately) , One Cat5E UTP patch cable, An HD15 connection on the computer, An HD15 connection on each monitor, projector, or other display device, An HD15 male to male cable for
- Supports the following resolutions using Cat5E cabling: SXGA resolution at 100m: 1280 x 1024 pixels, XGA resolution at 180m: 1024 x 768 pixels, SVGA resolution at 200m: 800 x 600 pixels, VGA resolution at 300m: 640 x 480 pixels
- Input: One HD15 Female, One DC/12V Power Male (to power the Extender)
- Output: One RJ45 Female (to connect the base and remote units)