The PEX1S553 PCI Express Serial Adaptor card allows you to turn a PCI Express slot into an RS232 (DB9) serial connection. The card is constructed using a native single chip design that lets you harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional bridge chip serial cards. The PCI Express (RS232) Serial Adaptor Card is compatible with a broad range of operating systems including Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64 bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and up, as well as MAC OS X 10.4 and above. The Adaptor card includes an optional half-height/low profile bracket, that lets you add a serial port to virtually any computer, regardless of the case form factor.
- One high speed RS-232 serial port with data transfer rate support up to 4608 Kbps
- Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 10a
- Includes half-height bracket for installation in low profile systems
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port
- Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express
- Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions