In addition to maximum throughput, D-Link's PowerLine Homeplug AV includes a built-in Quality of Service (QoS) engine that prioritises data packets in order to enhance HD video and audio streaming, online gaming and VoIP calling. You can attach a switch or wireless Access Point (AP) to a D-Link PowerLine Homeplug AV Network Adapter, allowing you to connect multiple devices in the farthest corners of your home. Furthermore, D-Link's Powerline Homeplug AV implements 128-bit AES encryption for securing your connection and keeping your data safe from intruders. You can set this up easily via the button on the side of the adapter. Based on the industry-leading Atheros Homeplug AV technology, the adapter is compatible with other brands' devices based on the same Homeplug AV standard. However, it will not work with devices based on other standards, such as D-Link's DHP-302/342. The adapter is part of D-Link Green, D-Link's program for providing eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance: if data transmission or reception does not occur over a certain period of time, the adapter will automatically go into sleep mode to save power. This requires less than 1W, making the adapter among the first of its kind to comply with the European Union guideline on Energy-using Products (EuP), applicable since 7th January 2010.
- Converts any power socket into a network connection point
- Improved resistance to electrical interference
- Quality of Service (QoS) engine for prioritisation of multimedia content
- 200 Mbps data transfer rates over standard electrical wires: no extra cable needed
- Simple push-button setup, with sophisticated data encryption
- Standby mode for power saving (EuP compliant)