Intel is breaking down the barriers when it comes to the performance and bandwidth that gamers, digital media creators, and ultimate multi-taskers need most. The Intel Desktop Board DX58SO2 provides breakaway performance in production and editing, as well as digital media rendering and real-time audio/video preview capabilities. The massive data throughput and support for the Intel Core i7 processor Extreme Edition runs more applications simultaneously, with less wait time. SuperSpeed Universal Serial Bus (USB) 3.0, SATA 6.0 Gb/s, triple channel DDR3 memory and full support for ATI CrossfireX and NVIDIA SLI technology are just a few of the many features supported on this board.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-Extreme Edition processors series in an LGA1366 socket
- Memory: Six 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets, Support for DDR3 1600+ /1333 /1066 MHz DIMMs, Support for up to 48GB of system memory
- Chipset: Intel X58 Express Chipset
- Audio: Intel High Definition Audio (Intel HD Audio) subsystem in the following configuration: 10 Channel Intel High Definition Audio Codec
- LAN support: Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem using the Intel Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Peripheral interfaces: Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports, Twelve USB 2.0 ports, Two Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s ports, Six Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s ports, Two IEEE 1394a ports/headers (1 external/1 header), Consumer Infrared receiver and emitter
- Expansion capabilities: Two PCI Express 2.0 x 16 bus add-in card connector, Three PCI Express 2.0 x 1 connectors, One PCI conventional bus connector