Sandberg FireWire for Laptop expands your laptop with 3 ultrafast FireWire (IEEE-1394) ports. FireWire is used by many peripherals such as DV camcorders, digital cameras, external CD burners and hard disks. FireWire is often the preferred connection method for peripherals that involve transferring large amounts of data, as FireWire is approx. 33 times faster than a traditional USB 1.1 connection. Installation of the card is quick and easy – Windows even installs the necessary software automatically.
- PC Card CardBus (32 bit) interface
- Interface standard: IEEE 1394
- Connectors: 3 FireWire 6-pin ports
- Supports 400 Mbit/s transfer rate
- Chains up to 63 devices
- Built-in over overload protection
- Supports synchronous transmission and asynchronous transmission