Ideal for Environmentally friendly PCs and external storage requiring lower power consumption and cool, quiet operation.
- WD Caviar Green SATA drives deliver up to 3 TBs of storage on a single drive
- WD has reduced power consumption making it possible for our energy conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system performance, ensured reliability, and energy conservation
- Drives with WD GreenPower Technology yield lower operating temperatures for increased reliability and low acoustics for ultra-quiet PCs and external drives
- A fine-tuned balance of spin speed, transfer rate, and caching algorithms designed to deliver both significant power savings and solid performance
- Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise, and vibration
- The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit
- Technology being adopted by WD and other drive manufacturers as one of multiple ways to continue growing hard drive capacities. AF is a more efficient media format that enables increased areal densities. (RX, RS, and RSDTL models only)