WD Black high-performance 3.5-inch SATA hard drives combine 7200 RPM spin speed, SATA 3 Gb/s interface, and an integrated dual processor for lightning-fast performance in demanding desktop, workstation, and multi-drive systems. Rock solid mechanical architecture and enhanced reliability features help protect the drive and the data stored on it. Available with up to 2 TB of storage, these drives are ideal for power computing applications such as multimedia, video and photo editing, and maxed out gaming computers. Ideal for power computing applications such as multimedia, video and photo editing, and maxed out gaming computers.
- WD Caviar Black SATA drives are available in capacities up to 2 TB
- Twice the processing power to maximize performance
- A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric moti
- Bigger, faster cache of up to 64 MB means faster performance
- The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations. (2 TB and 1.5 TB models only)
- The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit