Additional manageability options are available through the Smart-Slot interface, which is an internal slot for the installation of optional accessory cards. The extended run Smart-UPS XL has the capability to add external battery packs to scale runtime from minutes to hours typically needed for converged voice and data networks. The entry level Smart-UPS SC is an economical choice for small and medium businesses looking to protect small switches, networking devices and point-of-sale (POS) equipment.
- Intuitive LCD interface: Provides clear and accurate information in multiple languages with the ability to configure the UPS locally with easy to use navigation keys.
- Predictive replace battery date: Dynamically provides the month and year when battery replacement is recommended to aide in long term maintenance planning.
- Audible alarms: Provide notification of changing flywheel conditions
- InfraStruXure Central compatible: Enables centralized management via APC InfraStruXure Central.
- SmartSlot: Customise UPS capabilities with management cards.
- Cold-start capable: Provides temporary battery power when the utility power is out
- Resettable circuit breakers: Enables a quick recovery from overload events.
- Hot-swappable batteries: Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced
- Disconnected battery notification: Warns when a battery is not available to provide backup power
- Automatic self-test: Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
- Automatic restart of loads after UPS shutdown: Automatically starts up the connected equipment upon the return of utility power.
- Adjustable voltage-transfer points: Maximizes useful battery life by widening the input voltage window or tightening the output voltage regulation.
- Adjustable voltage sensitivity: Provides the ability to adapt the UPS for optimal performance in specific power environments or generator applications.
- Audible alarms: Provides notification of changing utility power and UPS conditions.
- User-replaceable batteries: Increases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- USB connectivity: Provides management of the UPS via a USB port (not available on all models).
- Serial Connectivity: Provides management of the UPS via a serial port.
- Temperature-compensated battery charging: Prolongs battery life by regulating the charge voltage according to battery temperature.
- Boost and Trim Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR): Gives higher application availability by correcting low and high voltage conditions without using the battery.
- Safety-agency approved: Ensures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment.
- Network manageable: Provides remote management of the UPS over the network.
- Adjustable voltage sensitivity: Provides the ability to adapt the Power Conditioner for optimal performance in specific power environments or generator applications.
- Predicitive failure notification: Provides early-warning fault analysis ensuring proactive component replacement.