The 4- and 8-port Cisco Gigabit Ethernet Enhanced High-Speed WAN interface cards (EHWICs) can reduce your company's total cost of ownership (TCO) by integrating Gigabit Ethernet (GE) switch ports within Cisco 3900, 2900, and 1900 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISRs). These low-density Gigabit Ethernet switches offer small to medium-sized business (SMB) and enterprise branch-office customers a combination of switching and routing integrated into a single device.
- An integrated switch solution lowers operating costs, simplifies troubleshooting, and enables businesses to scale
- One vendor also means one support centre, eliminating blaming among vendors, thereby reducing troubleshooting time
- Cisco SMARTnet support covers both ISRs and Cisco EtherSwitch devices
- Integrated switches allow simplified configuration and management
- CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS), Remote Monitoring (RMON1 and RMON2), and standards-based MIBs support provides configuration as well as detailed reporting and troubleshooting capabilities
- Simple Network Management Protocol Versions 1, 2, and 3 (SNMPv1, v2, and v3) offer comprehensive in-band management, and a CLI management console provides detailed out-of-band management
- The management interface uses standard SNMP or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to integrate Cisco and third-party management systems