Within business today companies continually face the challenge of providing wireless access to guests and mobile employees without compromising security. To address this situation ZyXEL has developed the Wireless LAN Controller 5000 Series comprising the NXC5200 WLAN Controller and NWA5160N WLAN AccessPoint. The solution is designed to deliver high performance 11n wireless to provide seamless mobility in medium to large campus and secure distributed enterprise environments. The NXC5200 integrates ZyXEL industry-leading ZyWALL Firewall features, such as stateful packet inspection, to monitor data incoming from mobile wireless users. In addition, by adopting optional license-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention and anti-virus functions, the NXC5200 can also act as a gatekeeper to the wireless edge.
- Manage up to 240 APs with granular access control
- Central WLAN management on both configurations and data
- Flexibility supporting both distributed and tunnelled data forwarding
- Strongest standard-based wireless security - WPA/WPA2 and AES encryption
- Built-in Firewall
- Built-in wireless intrusion detection, prevention and anti-virus
- Web authentication support for guest networks (captive portal)