This new secure WLAN solution is based on the ZyXEL NXC5200 central controller and the ZyXEL NWA5160N managed access points that scales up to 240 access points (APs) and provides comprehensive wireless coverage. Real-time functions such as roaming, authentication and load balancing are performed on the NXC5200 while the NWA5160N functions strictly as a signal converter. The benefits include central configuration independent of the number of available managed access point as long as there is IP network available. Mobile users pose more critical threats to company networks than wired users. To address this, the NXC5200 comes with Firewall features featuring stateful packet check to regulate data incoming from mobile users. In addition, by adopting license-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention and anti-virus functions, the NXC5200 can act as a gatekeeper on the network edge to block potential threats. The prevalence of 11n wireless networks has put the capacity of traditional controllers to the test, the NXC5200 is designed to relieve the concerns of IT staff. Not only does it have a high-performance system design, the data that flows through each virtual AP can also be configured to be bridged locally or enter the WLAN controller, NXC5200, for better management. With this feature, the NXC5200 and NWA5160N can offload the burden to the network while allowing users to enjoy the 11n performance.
- Manage up to 240 APs with granular access control
- Central WLAN management on both configurations and data
- Flexibility supporting both distributed and tunnelled data forwarding
- Strongest standard-based wireless security - WPA/WPA2 and AES encryption
- Built-in Firewall
- Built-in wireless intrusion detection, prevention and anti-virus
- Web authentication support for guest networks (captive portal)