The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) provides extra platform integrity with secure hardware authentication for the most sensitive work environments. With incredible support for up to twelve threads of raw processing power, unprecedented bandwidth, quad-channel DDR3 memory with support for up to eight DIMMs, the Intel Desktop Board DX79TO offers the power and affordability for a desktop workhorse. BIOS Vault Technology protects the board and provides fault tolerant and secure firmware. Intel BIOS is protected from outside attacks and enables advance security checks and balances. Fast Boot also speeds through boot times and eliminates unnecessary delays. Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (Intel XMP) is a performance-packed expansion of the standard DDR3 memory specification, enabling a robust and stable solution for ultra-fast memory.
- Processor Supported: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition processor series in the LGA2011 socket
- Memory: Eight 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets, Support for up to DDR3 2400+ O.C. Support for up to 64 GB of system memory
- Chipset: Intel X79 Express Chipset
- Audio: Intel High Definition Audio (Intel HD Audio) subsystem in the following configuration: 6-channel (5.1 + 2 independent multi-streaming) audio subsystem with three analog audio outputs
- LAN Support: Intel Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mb/s) LAN subsystem using Intel Gigabit Ethernet Controller