The Cisco Catalyst 3560-C and 2960-C Series compact switches are small form-factor Gigabit Ethernet and Fast Ethernet switches designed for deployments outside the wiring closet. Enterprise and commercial customers can deliver advanced security services, unified communications, wireless, IP video cameras, and other applications for the office workspace, branch office, classroom, cruise ship, and other wiring-constrained environments. Borderless Networks, a Cisco next-generation architecture, deliver the new workspace experience, connecting anyone, anywhere, using any device, to any resource - securely, reliably, transparently. The Cisco Borderless Networks architecture addresses primary IT and business challenges to help create a truly borderless experience by bringing interactions closer to the employee and customer. Innovations in switching help organizations deliver ease of operation, green efficiency, security, and performance to accelerate the way IT delivers and scales those services on the network. Figure 2 depicts the Cisco Borderless Network benefits.
- PoE pass-through: An innovative feature and industry first for passing power from the compact switch to end devices
- Media Access Control Security (MACsec) hardware-based encryption
- Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) for up to 30W per port
- USB and console port for file backup and simplified operations
- Fanless for silent operation
- Enhanced limited lifetime hardware warranty (E-LLW) with next business day (NBD) advance hardware replacement and 90 day access to Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support