The Cisco Aironet 1550 Series Outdoor Access Point with CleanAir technology is the industry's first enterprise and carrier-grade 802.11n access point to create a self-healing, and self-optimizing wireless network that mitigates the impact of wireless interference. It offers a flexible, secure, and scalable mesh network for high-performance mobility across large metropolitan-sized areas, enterprise campuses, manufacturing yards, and mining pits. The Cisco Aironet 1550 Series supports multiple-device and multiple-network application delivery such as real-time seamless mobility, video surveillance, 3rd Generation (3G) and 4G data offload, and public and private Wi-Fi access. This access point is designed for hazardous environments like oil and gas refineries, chemical plants, mining pits, and manufacturing factories. The Cisco Aironet 1552H Outdoor Access Point is Class 1, Div2/Zone2 hazardous location certified. It has similar options as the 1552E, with the exception of the battery backup.
- Flexible deployment options: Access or mesh network, extension of an Ethernet network, and Ethernet, fiber, wireless, or cable back haul
- Service provider support: Wi-Fi for next-generation mobile data offload and personalized mobile services
- Cisco CleanAir technology: Integrated spectrum intelligence to detect, classify, and mitigate RF interference from unauthorized wireless bridges or malicious devices
- High-bandwidth video surveillance over Wi-Fi without the high cost of installing cables over long distances
- High-performance, multipurpose network with low CapEx and OpEx
- Integrated wired and wireless: The Cisco Borderless Networks Architecture provides cost savings with end-to-end network access solutions that include wireless, switching, routing, and security