The Cisco 100BASE-FX SFP (part numbers GLC-FE-100FX and GLC-FE-100FX-RGD) operates on ordinary multimode fiber-optic (MMF) link spans up to 2 kilometres long.
- Hot-swappable when deployed, the switch or router does not have to reboot
- Supports the pay-as-you-populate model
- Interchangeable with other 100BASE-X SFPs on the same line card
- Supports the Cisco quality ID feature that enables the switch or router to identify whether or not the SFP is a Cisco qualified SFP
- Optically interoperable with respective 100BASE-X Ethernet interfaces on the same link