Hitachi delivers the Travelstar 5K120, a 2.5-inch, 5400 RPM hard drive based on proven technology. The 5K120 is a 60GB per platter product, offering storage capacities from 60 to 120GB. Travelstar 5K120 improves on the already best-of-breed low-power consumption of its predecessor while delivering improved performance. This drive brings together optimum design and parts commonality with a common manufacturing process to the Travelstar 4K120, which facilitates an evolutionary transition. Hitachi has also implemented iridium-manganese-chromium heads (IrMnCr) for improved reliability. Travelstar 5K120 is targeted at portable computing applications where the key capacity requirements fall within 60 and 120 GB. Hitachi has expanded its 5400 RPM line-up to satisfy the mobile storage needs of M and distribution customers.
- Capacity: 60GB, 80GB, 100GB models, Up to 120GB Storage
- Performance: 510Mb/sec media transfer rate
- Reliability: 300G operating shock, 1000G non-operating shock
- Acoustics: FDB motor & design enhancements
- Power: 0.55W low power idle (PATA), Enhanced Adaptive Battery Life, Extender (ABLE)
- Interface: Parallel ATA-7 and Serial ATA Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ)