Desktop drives are designed to go to great lengths to protect and recover data, at times pausing for as much as a few minutes to make sure that data is recovered. Inside a RAID system where the RAID controller handles error recovery, the drive ds not need to pause for extended periods to recover data. In fact, heroic error recovery attempts can cause a RAID system to think the drive has failed and drop it out of the array. WD RE is engineered to prevent hard drive error recovery fallout by limiting the time the drive spends in error recovery. With error recovery factory set to 7 seconds, the drive has time to attempt a recovery, allow the RAID controller to log the error, and still stay online. Designed for portable digital devices of all kinds including notebook computers, external storage, car navigation systems, digital audio to GPS systems, blade servers, and tablet PCs.
- Reliable - RAID-specific time-limited error recovery (TLER)-this feature, unique to WD, prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives
- Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF) -optimizes operation and performance when the drives are used in vibration-prone multi-drive systems such as rack mounted servers and network storage
- 1.2 million hours MTBF, 24x7 100% duty cycle-the highest available reliability rating on high capacity drives
- 5-year warranty
- High-Capacity - 400 GB of storage packed with enterprise-class features and low-cost-per-gigabyte value
- Fast - Native Command Queuing (NCQ), 16 MB cache, 1.5 Gb/s data transfer rate