The 1840LTO supports the encryption of data. The 256-bit hardware encryption, which resides in the LTO-4 drive, offers customers security and higher protecetion of data at no additional cost and without requiring additional equipment. Like LTO-3, LTO-4 drives will support Write Once, Read Many (WORM) operation on LTO WORM cartridges, and prevent over-writes or erasing of previous written data, to comply with various data protection regulations. Tandberg LTO-4 has a host of features for improved reliability, and for high performance in various host environments; Diagnostic routines test the functions of the drive and report the results to the operator. The tape drive uses the Statistical Analysis and Reporting System to assist in isolating failures between media and hardware. Adaptive tape threading through 8 independent sensor readings provide input to enhanced firmware to help protect against load failures. Graceful dynamic breaking will prevent abrupt stops during an unexpected power down and Digital Speed Matching (DSM) is designed to help improve throughput in environments where the host data rate is less than optimal.
- High capacity and performance for the most demanding enterprise user
- High capacity of 800/1600 GB (native/compressed) and native performance of 120 MB/s or 432 GB/Hr
- Transfer rates up to 240 MB/s or 864 GB/Hr
- Larger buffer of 256 MB
- Digital Speed Matching (DSM) from 30 MB/s to 120 MB/s
- 6 generation roadmap up to 6.4 TB per cartridge
- Feature-rich with Encryption for security and WORM for regulatory compliance