It’s no secret that in Education every penny counts, and finding ways to maximise how money is spent in schools is always a top priority. Ever increasing energy prices make this expense a key focus for most schools, but with Powerwise you can start to cut costs and start saving money in energy bills. Automated power management Save energy costs Reduce carbon emissions Detailed Reporting Education discounts available With the wide spread use of curriculum management systems, the use of technology in presenting lessons, and most importantly with ICT on the national curriculum, PCs are now a part and parcel of every senior school in the country. Getting control of the energy used to run these PCs, whether its 50 or 500, can produce significant reduction in costs. Through a central management console Powerwise offers you automated control over the power saving settings of your PCs, including when they should be powered down, whether due to inactivity or time of day.
- Enterprise central control: Run the console from anywhere on the network to manage the Powerwise profiles and computers, and centrally deploy the agent. Integrates with Active Directory for security, deployment and policies. See and control in real-time t
- Flexible Profile Schedules: Create profiles according to the time of day and days of the week, and implement more aggressive savings schemes during ‘out of office hours’. Scheme changes allow profiles to reflect the demands and usage of computers in your
- Comprehensive Wakeup: Use wakeup features to ensure computers available for use at start of day and maintenance windows. Adaptive wakeup technology learns when your computer is used & wakes up before its needed. Web wakeup allows remote access to offline
- Reports: Generate detailed reports with: high idle times, Powerwise events and savings counters, per computer per day reports. Calculate per computer or profile energy usage. Real-time count of computers On/Idle/logged off times.
- User notifications: Optionaly inform users when power saving is going to occur and allow the user to cancel. Per PC information can be displayed to show the user how much they are contributing in terms of energy savings.
- Hotdesk computers: Schools, hospitals and corporates with hot desk areas can use Powerwise to shutdown computers when no one is logged on for a set time, or to logoff/hibernate the user when they have been inactive for a set period of time.
- Kiosk computers: Information systems, or kiosk computers that are typically left running 24 hours a day can be included in your emissions reduction program with Powerwise. Profiles tailored to these computers can have standby functions removed, but the c
- Computer maintenance: IT departments can use Powerwise to ensure all necessary computers are automatically powered on at a specific time out-of-hours, to ensure maintenance such as virus updates/security and hotfixes etc are applied, then turn them off ag
- Usage history: Powerwise console and reports can be used to identify computers that are not utilised, and perhaps decommission them.
- User buy in to CSR: Powerwise features allow a computer user to know how much their computer has been on/off and/or idle. This allows individuals to take ownership of their computers energy usage and encourage greener practices.