The SATDOCKU3E USB 3.0/eSATA to SATA Hard Drive Docking Station provides quick and easy access to a 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch SATA hard disk drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD) through either eSATA or USB connectivity, making it compatible with almost any system. The HDD docking station supports large capacity drives (tested with up to 4TB 3.5 and 1TB 2.5 drives), which enables you to greatly enhance your computer's storage/backup capabilities. The hard drive dock offers eSATA or USB 3.0 host connections (3Gbps, 5Gbps bandwidth respectively), and is backward compatible with USB 2.0 (up to 480 Mbps) connections to the host computer. To simplify HDD installation and swapping drives in and out of the dock, the SATDOCKU3E features a top slot-loading design, for easy access. Backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support. Delivers fast access to external storage, while still being backward compatible with USB 2.0. External SATA (eSATA) interface provides the HDD dock with native SATA II connectivity, freeing up USB ports for other peripherals. Top slot-loading drive dock design supports both 2.5 and 3.5 drives and provides quick and easy access to the data without having to mount SATA drives into an enclosure or tray. Data recovery specialists who need quick access to drives for imaging. Backup data quickly to an external data archiving. Technicians who regularly test or benchmark different hard drives and need to swap between them.
- Supports 2.5 and 3.5 form factor SATA hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD)
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 compliant host interface, with up to 5 Gbps of data bandwidth
- SATA revision 2 compliant eSATA host interface, with up to 3 Gbps of data bandwidth
- Separate power switch and status LED
- Compatible with SATA revision 1/2/3 (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) drives
- Compact, desktop-style form factor
- Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible