The Cisco 7960G is dynamic and designed to grow with system capabilities. Features will keep pace with new changes via software updates to the phone's flash memory. The phone provides many accessibility methods according to user preference. Various methods or paths include buttons, softkeys, a navigation key, and direct access with the use of corresponding digits. Each of the features below will have expanded capabilities in the future.
- The Cisco IP Phone 7960G identifies incoming messages and categorizes them for users on the screen. This allows users to quickly and effectively return calls using direct dial-back capability.
- The corporate directory integrates with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP3) standard directory.
- The Settings feature key allows the user to adjust display contrast and select a ringer tone and volume settings for all audio such as ringer, handset, headset, and speaker. Network Configuration preferences can also be set up. Network configuration is us
- The Cisco 7960G allows users to quickly access diverse information such as weather, stocks, quote of the day or any Web-based information using extensible markup language (XML) to provide a portal to an ever-growing world of features and information.
- The online help feature gives users information about the phone's keys, buttons, and features. The pixel display allows for greater flexibility of features and significantly expands the information viewed when using features such as Services, Information,
- 24+ user-adjustable ring tones
- A hearing-aid-compatible handset (meets American Disabilities Act [ADA] requirements)
- G.711 and G.729a audio compression
- H.323 and Microsoft NetMeeting compatibility
- An IP address assignment-DHCP client or statically configured
- Comfort noise generation and voice activity detection (VAD) programming on a system basis
- EIA/TIA RS-232 port for future add-on options such as line expansion, security access, and more.