The DP2HDS Adapter converts DisplayPort to HDMI with audio pass-through support, enabling you to connect a desktop or laptop computer that is equipped with DisplayPort A/V output to an HDMI monitor, projector, or display. Unlike a passive adapter, the DP2HDS actively converts single mode and dual mode DisplayPort output, which is ideal for graphics cards that do not output dual mode/multi-mode (DP++) signals, such as ATI Eyefinity cards. The DP to HDMI adapter is compatible with Intel Thunderbolt, when connected directly to a supporting DisplayPort over Thunderbolt I/O port. Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support. Supports both Multimode (DP++) and Single-mode DisplayPort output signals, through active Mini DisplayPort conversion. Adapt from graphics cards that are not capable of outputting DP++ (multi-mode) signals. Keep an existing HDMI monitor to be used with a new DisplayPort computer or other video source. Ideal for using your HDMI monitor as a secondary display. Ideal for digital entertainment centres, home offices, business conference rooms and trade show displays.
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200
- Supported on any HDMI display including televisions and Apple Cinema Display HD
- Latching DisplayPort connector
- Compliant with DisplayPort 1.1a specifications
- Supports HDCP 1.3
- Works with video cards not capable of outputting DP++ (multi-mode) signals
- 5.1 Surround Sound Audio Pass-through