Tripp Lite introduces it's new OM3 Laser-Optimized Multimode Fiber (LOMMF) "Aqua" cables, for use with 10Gb Ethernet applications. These new technology, 50/125um, LC/LC Fiber Optic cables, provide nearly three times the bandwidth over conventional 62.5um multimode fiber, with performance rivaling that of Single mode cable, at a much reduced cost. LOMMF cable allows 10Gb serial transmission over extended distances in the 850nm wavelength window, where low-cost Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers (VCSELs) enable a cost-effective, high-bandwidth solution. LOMMF is ideally suited for LAN's, SAN's, and high-speed parallel interconnects for head-ends, central offices, and data centers.
- 3 Meter ( 10ft ) LC/LC, OM3 Rated 10gb Ethernet speed to 300 meters @850nm Use with VCSEL and LED laser light sources High-Speed, High-Bandwidth, Low-Cost Backward compatible with legacy LAN's Ideal for Fibre Channel (SAN) applications IEEE 802.3ae an
- 10gb Ethernet speed to 300 meters @850nm
- Use with VCSEL and LED laser light sources
- High-Speed, High-Bandwidth, Low-Cost
- Backward compatible with legacy LAN's
- Ideal for Fibre Channel (SAN) applications
- IEEE 802.3ae and TIA LOMMF compliant