This Edimax wireless access point is a high-speed solution that complies with IEEE 802.11b/g/n standards. The latest wireless MIMO (multiple-input and multiple-output) technology is built into this access point to broaden its Wi-Fi coverage and to eliminate dead spots within the signal range. When it is connected to IEEE 802.11n wireless devices, this Edimax wireless access point can reach Wi-Fi speeds of up to 300Mbps. The WDS (Wireless Distributed System) function let this access point acts as a wireless LAN access point and repeater at the same time. Users can use this feature to build up a large wireless network in a large space like airports, hotels and schools . This feature is also useful when users want to bridge networks between buildings when it is impossible to deploy network cable connections between these buildings. The Edimax EW-7428HCn features a convenient WPS button. Users can set up an encrypted wireless connection simply by pressing the WPS button on this access point and the client device. This one-press WPS button helps users set up a secure wireless network in less than a minute. The Edimax EW-7428HCn integrates a PoE PD module, and also provides a power jack for a regular power adapter. Users can connect the access point to either a PoE Switch or a power adapter for the power supply. With the latest green WLAN technology, the EW-7428HCn is able to dynamically adjust its power supply according to the amount of network activity. By supplying only the amount of power needed, this router allows for high networking performance while maintaining minimum power consumption.
- 600mW high power output for superior wireless performance
- Supports IEEE 802.3af PoE (Power over Ethernet) and alternative external power adaptor iQ Setup for automatic and smart setup
- Multiple operation modes including AP, WDS Point to Point, WDS Point to multiple points, and repeater
- Up to 5 SSIDs, making it possible to divide clients into different wireless groups with different wireless security settings
- Scheduling to turn LED and wireless on and off, to reduce power consumption
- Suitable for home, SOHO, and SMB environments
- Enhanced wireless coverage up to 10,000 square meters (Wireless coverage is based on independent test results. Actual coverage may vary due to environmental factors such as wireless interference, building materials, and other obstructions)