The DVR-108 is the industry's first DVD writer to support 16x write speeds on both DVD-R/+R* along with the option to write at 4x speed on Double Layer media**. This extends Pioneer's track record of establishing key performance benchmarks when introducing new DVD writers.
With the facility to write 4.7GB of data to write-once media in approx. seven minutes, or store up to 8.5GB on Double Layer media, the DVR-108 enhances a wide range of DVD applications including the authoring, editing and storing of video files, developing digital music catalogues, building image libraries and backing up data.
- Writes and reads DVD-R/RW, +R/RW and CD R/RW formats
- DVD/CD buffer under-run protection
- Max. 16x writing speed for DVD-R/ +R
- Max. 4x writing speed for +R Double Layer Discs
- Max. 4x writing speed for DVD-RW/ +RW
- DVD data capacity of 4.7 GB per single-sided disc and 8.4 GB Double layer discs
- No bundled Software included
* Until such time as 16x media is available (expected October 2004) 16x write speeds can be achieved on selected 8x speed DVD-R/+R media types.
** 4x Double Layer media is not expected to be available until January 2005. Until then 4x write speeds can be achieved on selected +R 2.4x Double Layer media.