For example, some organisations are changing to a decentralised process by scanning and capturing customer cheque information at branch office locations, so are looking for faster and more cost effective payment processing solutions. The new ultra-compact CR-50 cheque scanner is perfect for these environments where individuals need to accurately scan cheques from small cashier counters or desktops at the highest quality.' For a smoother operation, Canon's paper handling technology ensures that all cheques are processed without interruption. The CR-50 includes infrared double feed detection and a paper thickness adjustment so that users can ensure reliable cheque processing and minimising the risk of paper jams. For sectors that operate with specialist programmes, such as banking or finance, a Software Development Kit (SDK) is available with the imageFORMULA CR-50 to enable developers to seamlessly integrate any 3rd party application software into existing workflows.
- Five key steps in a single quick process - Stack alignment, MICR reading, endorsement printing, scanning + sorting
- Advanced image processing features such as Black Border Removal, Deskew, Advanced Text Enhancement and Adaptive Threshold
- Five levels of scan resolution (up to 240 x 240dpi)
- Canon's imageFORMULA CR-50 has advanced image processing technology for reliability and image accuracy
- Tiny footprint makes the imageFORMULA CR-50 ideal for cashier counters or desktops where space is limited
- The efficient imageFORMULA CR-50 employs Magnetic Ink Character Recognition reading supported by Optical Character Recognition, for high precision data capture that minimises errors