The Avocent LongView Companion extender allows a second user station to be located near the computer. When combined with the LongView extender, you can place connected computers up to 500 feet away with any CAT 5 cable and still have control of your keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, microphone and serial devices. The LongView extension technology improves physical and data security and increases workspace by separating your staff from their computers.
- Companion mode: Supports a second user connection locally at the target device Secure location placement minimizes tampering, system damage and unauthorised software installation on computers
- AutoTuning technology: Automatically compensates for signal loss, delivering clear, crisp video images up to 500 feet at a resolution of 1024x768
- Environment: Reduce downtime by removing the computer from an environment not suitable for normal and reliable operation
- Save space: Move your computer away from the desk and work area to free up valuable desktop space
- Installation ease: The single cable-to-desk design simplifies installation while making it easier for you to move, add or change configurations
- Security: Place your system unit, software and sensitive data in a secure area to minimize tampering, system damage and unauthorized software installation
- Supported Hardware: Computers - PS/2. • KVM Switch - PS/2 local ports. • Video Resolution - 1024 x 768 @ 500 feet. • Peripherals - PS/2 keyboard/mouse, audio in/out, serial devices and VGA video