The PEX2S553S 2-Port PCI Express Serial Card lets you add two ESD-Protected RS232 ports with 5V or 12V selectable power output, through a PCI Express slot. Ideal for industrial environments, this 2-port serial card offers built-in 15KV ESD-protection which helps prevent damage to connected devices in the event of line surges and electro-static discharge. An extended operating temperature range (-30°C to 75°C) also helps to ensure performance in harsh environments. For devices that require additional power, this serial controller has a jumper-selectable 5V or 12V power output option (pin 1 and/or pin 9), through an LP4 connection to your power supply. For added flexibility, the power output can be enabled or disabled on a per-port basis so you choose which port(s) supply power. This versatile RS232 card supports high-speed serial data rates up to 921.6 Kbps, and is compliant with PCIe Gen 2.0 specifications for added bandwidth. To maximize installation options, the 2-port card is equipped with a standard profile bracket and includes an optional low-profile/half-height bracket for installation in small form factor computers. Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- 921.6 Kbps max baud rate
- 15KV ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) Surge Protection
- Jumper-selected 5V or 12V power output on Pin 1 and/or Pin 9
- Extended operating temperature range (-30°C to 75°C)
- Standard profile bracket installed, low profile included
- 256 Byte FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- PCI Express Base Specification 2.0 Compliant (backward compatible with 1.0a/1.1)