WD Blue hard drives are available with either SATA or PATA interface in a variety of cache sizes with a multitude of available features to deliver rock solid performance and ultra-cool and quiet operation perfect for family and business computing.
- Solid performance - With SATA and PATA interfaces, and cache sizes up to 32 MB, this series of drives offer a full range of performance features
- Ultra cool and quiet - Keeping the drive cool enhances reliability. WD continues to develop new and innovative ways to keep drives cool while they are operating which helps protect the drive and the data stored on it
- Capacity - We offer WD Caviar Blue drives with capacities from 80 GB to 1 TB because you can never have too much storage space
- NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit. IntelliSeek - Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power cons
- ShockGuard - Instantaneously protects the hard drive against damage from bumps and vibrations while it is running. This technology enables WD Caviar drives to achieve industry-leading shock specifications
- Compatible - We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems