The Obsidian Series 800D is built to last through years of motherboard, power, memory, cooling, and component upgrades. The steel structure has a matte black coating both inside out and is finished with a brushed aluminum faceplate for a professional look that’s both serious and awe-inspiring. A windowed side panel makes it easy to show off your work. The power supply compartment, main compartment and the SATA bays each have dedicated cooling subsystems to prevent heat buildup. A dust-filtered 140mm fan draws in cold air at the bottom of the chassis and exhausts it at the rear and top. This clever design forces fresh air directly over the graphics card and CPU. The SATA hot-swap bays are cooled by a separate 140mm fan which vents from the chassis via a sealed chamber and prevents the heat generated by the drives from entering the main compartment. The power supply compartment has its own dedicated intake and exhaust, also isolated from the main compartment. Need even more cooling performance? The Obsidian Series 800D has pre-drilled support for top-mounted single, dual, and triple radiators, or up to three additional 120mm fans.
- Four easily accessed hot-swap drive bays
- Removable CPU backplate panel for easy heatsink installation
- Isolated cooling zones prevent heat buildup
- Unique cable routing holes guarantee a clean and clutter-free installation
- Three fans included, with the ability to add four more 120mm fans
- Tool-free optical drive installation makes building a system faster than ever