Synology DS214play is a ready media server specifically designed for users to enjoy maximized fun on their NAS device. DS214play comes with dual core CPU and 1GB RAM, aligning it with top-class consumer NAS today, delivering an average 111MB/sec reading and 101MB/sec writing speed under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows environment. The built-in floating-point unit not only enhances the overall capability of the main CPU but shows particular advantage in speeding up thumbnail processing, making photo viewing on DS214play a refreshingly new experience. Powered by hardware accelerated transcoding engine, DS214play features 1080p Full HD video transcoding on the fly. Now users can enjoy on-demand high-quality video transcoding offered exclusively by DS214play. Running on Synology's award-winning DSM operating system, DS214play shares the rich reservoir of applications available in DSM Package Center.
- 1080p Full HD Video Transcoding on the Fly
- Dual Core CPU Powered by Floating-Point Unit
- 111 MB/s Reading, 101 MB/s Writing1
- Features SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- DLNA-Certified Media Server
- Screwless Drive Bay Design and Hot-swappable Support
- Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)