The Intel Integrated Server RAID Module RMS2MH080 (AXXRMS2MH080), powered by LSI MegaRAID technology, offers intelligent RAID protection for servers using SAS or SATA hard drives. Designed specifically for selected Intel Server Boards, this SAS/SATA RAID module communicates with the host system through a custom board-to-board PCIe 2.0 interface. With the popularity of rack-dense 1U and 2U servers increasing, this design allows system builders to easily implement a robust RAID solution without sacrificing a valuable riser-card slot or using a chassis with low-profile add-in card cut-outs.
- System design flexibility: 1U capable system board connects to the I/O expansion slot on Intel's rack-optimized server boards. This module can be used in Intel and third party chassis without the need for a riser card or low profile chassis cutout
- Exceptional data protection: Supports data redundancy using SAS or SATA hard disk drives through mirroring, parity, and double parity (RAID levels 1, 5, and 6) plus striping capability for spans (RAID levels 10, 50, and 60)
- Excellent performance: LSI SAS2108 ROC technology, PCI Express x4 host interface and 667 MHz cache enhances the performance of mainstream applications
- Outstanding availability: Delivers proactive drive monitoring and automatic error correction. An optional battery backup maintains data without the need for an uninterruptible power supply
- Increased IT productivity: Includes a suite of tools that are common across all Intel SAS/SATA RAID solutions, for easy installation and advanced management